8.01.2004

Attention Deficit Knitting

Yeah, so I like to knit a lot of stuff... I start something, set it down and do not come back right away. I had been sitting on this Zeeby bag (below) for about 6 weeks, and just started on it again this weekend.

Anyway, I started my next project! It is also from Stitch 'N Bitch. It just so happens that I am doing two patterns from this book... believe, I like other stuff too! I have amassed quite a "to knit list" in the past few months of serious knitting.
So, this is my first cable garment. I have practiced the technique quite a bit, and I am ready to make the leap. Kris' mother got some nice Caron acrylic yarn for me last Christmas that I was just waiting to use. When I saw this pattern, I knew it would work nicely. I was able to knit to gauge without changing needles or anything. This is the back of the garment, so you won't see the cable there... that will come soon!





So, a little progress. I like the way it is turning out.

Other knitting news: I am adding to my knitting library. Here are my two most recent acquisitions...



The Animal Knits book has some great intarsia patterns for kids sweaters/blankets, etc. I have not tackled intarsia yet, but this book will be great fun when I learn it.

Rowan's It's a Tape Thing has some great designs in it. I will have to alter some of the patterns to fit me properly in the bust, but I am up for the challenge...