8.25.2004

Pink monster

Can I get away with all of this pinkness? I have been told that pink is a great color for me... but is this too much of a good thing? I really love the color, but I am just trying to figure out if it is too bright!



BACK

FRONT

I have made fast progress on this sweater... I am planning something special for the neckline. I got the inspiration for it this past weekend when I went to Rehoboth. Therefore, this sweater will forever be known as the Rehoboth. :)

I came across a very nice store in Baltimore today--Beadazzled, in Mt. Vernon. What a wonderful place for any crafty person. They have some beautiful beads and jewelry in the store, as well as classes on how to make your own stuff. I noticed that they had some books for sale, and came across this book:
.
It has some nice designs in it, but I would mainly use it as a how-to and then go off and make my own beady beauty. Have any of you ever worked with beads before?
I plan to go back to the store (there are two other locations--in DC and in Tysons Corner) and pick some beads for a knit project. The problem will be finding the perfect beads... it seems like there are a million beads in the store!


In other news, I am really excited! I found out that I have the DIY Network on my cable package. The thing is, I just found out about it, and I have had this whole season! That means that I missed all the earlier episodes of Knitty Gritty and Knit One, Purl Two! Please play reruns!! I could kick myself for not checking my schedule before now. So, I set up a Tivo Season Pass for both--not going to miss anymore!


Cute pattern alert!

Click on the picture to take you to the pattern! What would I do different? Take off the stringy flower on the front... if it needed something there I would do a simple chain crochet flower. Otherwise, I think it is cute, and I plan to make it sometime soon. I do not have the yarn yet, but it is easy enough to acquire.

In closing, I will leave you with a cute picture of my Bella Hund!

She always looks so shy in pictures...