9.03.2004

Friday Night

... and the mood is right
Gonna have some fun
Show you how it's done
TGIF...

Remember that? Wow, that stupid TV jingle is with me from 15 years ago, yet I forgot the stupid password that I made up yesterday!!!

If you have not seen Stef's blog, and her new design, you have not lived... go check it out NOW! I LOVE this sweater!

So, this little baby has been simmering for awhile, and I decided to heat her up. It is the Krista sweater, named after my niece, who will be 3 next month. I saw this little cardi, and thought it would be so great for her! Yeah, I know, it sort of looks like a dead Muppet... that is not why it reminded me of my niece.


Click on the pic to go to the free pattern!

Here is my version:

The yarn is Patons Cha Cha, which is cute, but I don't think I will use it again. It is pretty difficult to knit, and you cannot keep track of your stitches that well. However, it makes a cute cardi for a cute niece. I just started on the sleeve...


...

I had an ├╝ber crappy day at work, and my ever-so-sweet husband decided to make a wonderful dinner to cheer me up! He loves to cook, and he is so good at it. He made this yummy potato pasta from scratch! He used several ingredients from our garden: tomatoes, chives, parsley, cilantro, and basil.

He followed this recipe for Gnocchi with Vodka Cream Sauce.

My best friend, Bec, is in town for the long weekend, and I cannot wait to meet up with her tomorrow! Other than hanging out with her, this is my only plan for the weekend...


We shall see how that turns out!

I leave you with a cute pic of Quincy... no doubt he is plotting something mischevious...