9.11.2004

Mohair Mama

When my mom and I went to Folk Art Studio a few weeks ago, she bought this mohair and asked me to make a shawl for her. I gladly accepted... it gave me the chance to work with this amazing yarn! I think mohair is my new favorite.






In my free-form fashion, I just decided to work up this mohair with a simple YO edge increase. I think it looks like a web. The colors are even better in real life! I hope Mama likes it!




In other knitting news, I am still free-forming this chenille. Here's a detail. I decided to make it a poncho, but I am still undecided on how to sew it up. It will be a gift for my little sister who can wear a poncho and not look silly (like I would if I did!)


**I want to send a HUGE shout-out to Mandy, who is the new technical editor of Knitty. This is an amazing issue, and everything looks superb. I know how hard you worked on it, and it is great!


I decided to pull this little baby back out... it is so pretty, but the needles are very small, and it never looks like I am getting anywhere. This is supposed to be one of the tanks from SnB -- the name of it slips my mind right now. Anyway, I will probably alter it because I never keep to patterns. We shall see what happens here.


CUTE PATTERN ALERT


Click on pic!
These slippers provide a great way to use up left-overs, and they are cute to boot! *punny* If you sewed a little traction on the bottom, you won't slip on the floor, and they will be perfect for cold nights! I hope to use this pattern for some Christmas knits! Enjoy!

Edit: This link appears to have been taken down since I put it up last night. I am trying to contact the designer, and ask if I can reprint the pattern here. Sorry for the inconvienience!

Non-knitting news, but still cool...

I went to the Library of Congress today. If you are in DC, you must make time to stop by this beautiful landmark. There are wonderful exhibitions there, and the artwork and architecture will make your jaw drop. SO pretty!

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday~



This post is dedicated to my favorite little fishy who passed on to the "big fishbowl in the sky" this week... Butterscotch Ram, you will be missed!

R.I.P. Butterscotch Ram 2002-2004