9.02.2004

Secret Pal 3 Questionnaire


I got my Secret Pal assignment, and I am ready to spoil my girl! :) At the request of my Secret Pal (hi!), I am posting these questions. Of course, there are some nice discussion points here as well, so feel free to comment!


  • 1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

    No, I will knit with anything... sure, I love the nice fibers, but I have no aversion to the acrylics, etc.

  • 2. Do you spin? Crochet?

    I have played around with crochet, but I would like to learn more about both.

  • 3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

    I don't like strong musky perfumes, or smoke smells. Some raw wools give me a rash, but nothing really terrible.

  • 4. How long have you been knitting?

    November 2003--almost a year!

  • 5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

    Yes! It includes some of my graduate study books, but there are a lot of knitting and crafty books as well. See it here!

  • 6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

    I love orange and citrusy stuff... I also like light floral/herbal scents. I like lotions and scented body sprays more than perfumes.

  • 7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

    Yes... nothing with gelatin though (Skittles, Starburst, some jelly beans) cause I am a vegetarian.

  • 8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

    I enjoy sewing and beading too... but knitting is the real passion.

  • 9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)

    Lately I have really been into world music and blues... but I am a rock girl. I like older music more than the stuff they play on the radio now (with some notable exceptions)

  • 10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

    Hard question... I think that green and blue and my favorites, but I have been really into pinks/reds/purples lately... too hard! I love all colors.

  • 11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

    I live with my husband and my 4 furry babies (2 cats, and 2 dogs) and several finned babies (we have 4 aquariums!)

  • 12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

    Isn't this where everyone says that they want to have a yarn shop?

  • 13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

    I love Colinette. They have some beautiful yarns. My favorite Colinette is probably Giotto. On the cheaper end, I love Patons yarn. They have nice quality stuff for good prices.

  • 14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

    None... unless it makes me itch

  • 15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

    I mentioned I have been really into pinks/purples lately. Accessories are always fun. I would say that a recent obsession has been Kool-Aid dyeing. I am hoping to felt something soon too.

  • 16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

    Is it a sin to say that I like to knit stuff for myself? I like purses, hats, and scarves, and I have recently gotten into garments. I like small projects while I am working on large projects.

  • 17. What are you knitting right now?

    Zeeby Bag from SnB, a cardi for my niece... and some other stuff on the back burner...

  • 18. What do you think about ponchos?

    I think that they are cute, but definitely a trend. I like to see people wearing them, but I have not made one for myself...

  • 19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

    I like both for different things. I have a million straight needles, but not many circs or dpns.

  • 20. How did you learn to knit?

    I took a Knitting 101 class at JoAnn Fabrics

  • 21. How old is your oldest UFO?

    A cabled scarf I started... about 8 months ago...

  •