9.25.2004

Superfantastisch

Things have been busy in Lolly-land! Kris and I started German classes this morning at the Goethe-Institut. This is our fifth semester in this program, and I feel like I am really starting to "get" it. Of course I need a ton of practice in vocabulary and conversation, but I think things are definitely moving in the right direction.

We just got back from a dinner celebrating my father-in-law's birthday. In the W family, September and October are the busiest birthday months. My brother-in-law's b-day is next week, and then both of my nieces (McKayla and Krista) are after that... so you saw the cardi I made for Krista, now here is the one I started on for McKayla:

You may remember me saying that I would not use this yarn again. Yeah, I remember that too... but then I thought how cute it would be with matching cardis, so I am working with the yarn to make that dream come true. However, I do NOT endorse this yarn--you WILL drop stitches, and it will be annoying the whole way through, but after it is complete, it is SO cute!


I received a wonderful surprise present today from Dani! I was so excited to get these little gloves in the mail. Thank you Dani, you made my day! They are so cute and small. Whoever made them is highly skilled in miniature knitting!


So, to give you an idea of scale:



They fit perfectly on the top of your fingers!

I saw this post on LadyCrochet's blog, and I just have to pass it on, because it is so cool! File this under the "Why didn't I think of that?" category.

Yarn of the Month Club

I am definitely going to join--I think it sounds like a great deal!

Have a great Sunday everyone! I hope to hear from you soon! :)