10.14.2004

From the Archives

Things have been very busy in Lolly land, and I have not been able to knit as much as I would like (Papers to write, books to read, classes to attend--ah!). So, in lieu of all of my new knits, I decided to show you some of the things from the archives (days before I had a knit blog).

Enjoy, and I hope to be back soon to write a real entry!


I made this shawl with Bernat Soft Boucle. I have been wearing it often because it is getting chilly in Maryland now... I love this weather! It is a simple rectangle pattern about 6 feet long and 2.5 feet wide. I wish I had made it a little thinner, but it is still a nice wrap on the chilly morning.



I knit this wrap pattern with Colinette Tagliatelli. This yarn is so fun, and I think the end result looks like a web. The texture is very cool, and it is a fun and funky design. A simple v-style shawl that I made on 35 needles with one hank of the yarn. I increased with YO up the side to create the V.



I never made a formal post about this scarf, but I am pictured wearing it one place... so a few details about this beauty: Knit with Colinette Giotto on 15s, I finished this scarf and wear it at least once a week. The yarn is so beautiful, and with all the colors in the scarf, I can always match it to an outfit!


Last, but not least, this picture was featured on my sidebar for awhile, but I never gave details. I made this hat with Bernat Boa (which was a b*tch to knit with, btw), but I perservered and now have this cute hat to show for it. I used the pattern that was on the label.



I am knitting with Heather and Eilene tonight, and H's daughter is coming along *Pixie*, as well as Ei's friend, Nicole. I am sure we will have fun... more to come.

Thanks for walking down the knitting *memory lane* with me! :)