10.10.2004

Lolly Scarf Style

First off, I want to thank you all for your encouraging comments about the DPN experience. I did not practice a lot this weekend, but you are right, it does get easier!

But, this is what I have been working on:
I started the green cabled scarf for my sister last week. It is Araucania New Wool Chunky in Forest Green. It is a beautifully variegated yarn, and was very nice to work with. I made up this pattern, because I wanted to incorporate the cable, as well as make it lie flat. You may recall I was having problems with *knit math*, but I got everything figured out... 11-stitch cable with 2 reverse stockinettes and a rib on either side and then 4 stitches of garter stitch. Voila! The blue scarf is knit up with a recent purchase from Jo-Ann. This is one from their new Sensations line, called Angel Hair. It is a wool/acrylic/nylon blend. I love this yarn! Not only is it a beautiful color, the quality is nice, and it is so soft. One skein made a 4.5 foot scarf in a 2x2 rib of 16 stitches. Very easy and very fast!


GREEN GIANT DETAIL SHOT



Which one is sexier?


BABE THE BLUE SCARF

Looking eerily similar to Paul Bunyan's sidekick, Babe the Blue Ox, eh?

Other knitty news: I picked up two froggy sweaters at the thrift store. I am a big proponent of recycling yarn! You can find some quality stuff, and pay 1/16 of the price! I got these two beauties:

This is a wonderful wool jacket that I started frogging last night. It will take awhile to unravel this one because there is a lot of design work, but this yarn is great, so it is worth it.


Unfortunately the color did not come out right on this shot, but this is a raw silk/cotton blend sweater (L.L. Bean) that someone gave away because it had a small snag. Lucky me! This fiber is so yum.


Thanks for all of the suggestions about New Orleans. You know me, I will definitely take pictures! Kris and I leave 3 weeks from today, and we are SO excited!