10.15.2004

Official Alchemist

...I just have so much to report...

First of all, I want to tell you about the generosity of my Secret Pal. I am astounded... look at what she (I think it is a she...) sent me! ALCHEMY!

Silk Purse

Promise

She sent me enough to make this lovely pullover:

Such a nice elegant knit! Secret Pal, wherever you are, I want to thank you so much for sending me this lovely gift! The mohair matches my morning glories (which are slowly passing as it gets colder...) and the colors make me smile every time I see it. When the postman was at my house yesterday, I was walking to my car, and he asked me to wait one moment and he could give me a package. He said "I know you will like this one." My SP emailed the other day and told me it was on the way, so I became very excited. I was on my way to meet with the KnitKnite girls, so I knew I had to take the special package along to show all of them!


So I headed over to Eilene's house for our group with the yarn right next to me! If you check out their blogs, they took a picture where you can see me cradling my new prized possession :)


Nicole, Ei, and Heather

We had a wonderful time, and I got to meet H's very cool (and cute) daughter, Jenna! Eilene gave me a nice hank of Cascade 220 7804. She knew I would love the pink! Thank you!

As if this was not enough, I have more knitty news!
I knit with dear sweet Holly today (who I am trying to convert to knitblogdom. She would have the hottest blog because she would have two amazing co-stars--her llamas!!!) and she is making great progress with her toothpick socks, as well as a beautiful swatch with her lovely mohair. She is going to make a beaded wrap with this yummy stuff! mmmm

Holly's WIPs


I finally cast on for my FCEK cardi, but I have a lot of other stuff to work on for gifties, so this one will probably be on the back burner for a while... Anna and I talked about doing a knit-along for this, but she is way ahead of me, so I think that that idea went out the window. I love the way hers looks! Here is mine so far:
Yeah, not too much, huh?

Want to know what I was really doing in our lunch knitty time?
Dreaming about our life together! I know we just met, Alchemy, but I am really attracted to you, and I think we could make it work. Let's give it a try. *smooch*