10.03.2004

Whole Lotta Love

Wrapping up a nice and relaxing weekend...

Kris and I had a nice German class yesterday morning. Unfortunately it was not a pretty day--rather foggy and rainy. After class, we went down to Kris's parents house to celebrate his brother's birthday. Lil' David turns 17. Wow... time flies.

I heard that there was a new A.C. Moore in Bowie, so you know I had to check that out. They carry some quality stuff, and I was able to walk out with some nice goodies:

Two skeins of Fisherman's Wool (PKA!), two skeins of a mohair yarn called Sublime, three Wool-Ease skeins for anotherIrish Hiking Scarf, two hanks of Araucania Nature Wool Chunky (this stuff is delish), and some other goodies that caught my eye, including some DPNs (Heather, this is for the wrigglers!)


No big plans for Sunday. I swatched around this morning practicing cables and lace for some holiday projects... they were fun, but I am not a whiz at "knitting math", and these kind of things require some of that. Nothing to show for it yet... hopefully soon.

After lunch, I went out with my mom and sister for a little shopping. We staked out Jo-Ann, and I just got some ribbon and stitch markers... nothing really exciting and picture-worthy.


Here are some pictures of me and my little sister, Maryn. She is so *cute*. She is most likely moving to Hawaii next summer--I am so excited for her!

We went to Borders and grabbed some yummy drinks (try the Caramel Apple Smoothie!). I snapped a pic with my pretty mommy...


... and then I did some browsing in the crafts section. I was looking for Scarf Style, but they did not have it anywhere. (This book sounds great--do any of you have it?) I found the new Knit Wit by Knitty Amy. I quickly looked through it, but of note is the stand-up format of the book, or as they call it: Hands Free. There are several patterns in the book that have been featured for free on the website. I don't know exactly what to think about that. There were some other cute things, but I am not in a big rush to acquire the book.

... and I came home to a lovely meal provided by my DH! He made the polenta/tomato sauce recipe from the cover of the book that Bethany sent to me last week! So good! Thanks again Bethany... it was so great!


There is a very busy week ahead, and I was glad to get out for a little while today and have a good time. There will be more knit-related blogging this coming week--promise! :)